Our law firm has built a solid reputation for not backing down from multi-billion dollar corporations and earning the respect of the world’s largest law firms.
We will fight to the end.
Now that you understand our commitment to your case, let’s answer some questions that you may have.
What is Litigation?
Litigation, is any dispute, complaint, lawsuit, or legal contest that proceeds through the judicial process to be decided by a court is litigation.
Litigation encompasses any legal argument that is not settled by the concerned parties through alternate dispute resolutions such as an agreement or arbitration prior to being heard by a judge and/or jury in a court of law.
Is it True that Most Cases Settle?
Yes, most cases will ultimately settle, based on the most recent data.
The settlement rate of jury trial cases in Miami-Dade County, Florida as of 2018 is approximately 99%.
In other words, 99% of the lawsuits filed in Miami-Dade County are ultimately settled.
The Odds of a Jury Trial
Under most circumstances, regardless of which party gets to the courthouse first to file the suit, statistically, it is likely to be a waste of time and money for all concerned.
Miami-Dade County’s 2017 statistics show, there is a 99.4 percent their newly filed civil dispute will be resolved by some means other than a jury trial.—- Former Circuit Court Judge, Scott Silverman, Daily Business review, The Ever Decreasing Jury Trial Rate: Why Is It on Life Support? June 1, 2018.
It’s important to stress that is is your constitutional right to take a case to trial, if you choose to do so.
Whatever you decide, we’ll be fighting for you every step of the way to achieve the best possible result.
Aggressive Business Litigation
The skilled and practiced litigation lawyers at Cueto Law Group can help with any of the following litigation issues:
• Civil Complaints
• Breach of Contract
• International Commercial Disputes
• Commercial Litigation
• Complex Litigation
A Florida litigation attorney will defend a client from criminal charges or civil action aggressively and to the best of his/her abilities. Litigation is used as an effective means to settle civil disputes between individuals, any form of business entity, and any type of association or organization or any combination of the aforementioned parties.
In brief, an effective Florida civil litigation attorney will present his/her client’s case in the most empathic light so that the court and jury can identify with the particular situation through the client’s eyes.
Cueto Law Group will stand by their clients to offer the best representation available in defense of their client’s case. The litigation lawyers at the law firm of Cueto Law Group are committed to offering their clients the upmost professional and dedicated representation to ensure no stone is left unturned or opportunity is lost in the defense of their case.
Cueto Law Group includes a group of leading Miami Florida lawyers that are devoted to offer the absolute resolution of their client’s litigation issues regardless of the particulars of the case.
The laws adopted by our society affect every aspect of our lives, the litigation lawyers at Cueto Law Group are dedicated to making those laws work for their clients.
Corporate and business litigation involve commercial disputes where negotiations have failed to keep the controversy out of the courthouse. While mediation or arbitration may interrupt the lawsuit on its way to trial, the fight has been had. Parties have been named, claims and defenses defined and damages asserted and assessed.
While these lawsuits are less emotionally-based than those involving personal injuries, wrongful death, or child custody and support, they are nonetheless serious and formidable. Millions can be at stake, with convoluted fact issues to clarify and complex legal arguments to be made.
Experienced Business Litigators
Cueto Law Group trial attorneys are uniquely qualified to pursue corporate and business litigation for their clientele because not only are they experienced courtroom attorneys, they are also savvy in business dealings.
This combination is essential for the client to achieve a satisfactory result.
As one of the leading Miami law firms; Cueto Law Group represent businesses and individuals in contract disputes, such as:
- In the defense of warranty and product liability cases;
- Manufacturers in the defense of claims of wrongful termination of distribution agreements;
- In handling appeals of decisions by a lower court;
- Businesses seeking injunctions to stop illegal activities;
- Property owners in negligence claims;
- Insurance companies who seek our knowledge about the industries in which we have expertise;
- Businesses in defending against employment discrimination claims; and
- Shareholders in shareholder disputes
Before you go, be sure to grab our FREE reference guide, the Florida Statute of Limitations Infographic.
Business Litigation Resources
Florida Circuit Courts
- First Circuit — Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton
- Second Circuit — Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, and Wakulla
- Third Circuit — Columbia, Dixie, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Suwannee and Taylor
- Fourth Circuit — Clay, Duval and Nassau
- Fifth Circuit — Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion and Sumter
- Sixth Circuit — Pasco and Pinellas
- Seventh Circuit — Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns and Volusia
- Eighth Circuit — Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, and Union
- Ninth Circuit — Orange and Osceola
- Tenth Circuit — Hardee, Highlands, and Polk
- Eleventh Circuit — Dade (Judges Directory) Miami Judges
- Twelfth Circuit — DeSoto, Manatee, and Sarasota
- Thirteenth Circuit — Hillsborough
- Fourteenth Circuit — Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Washington
- Fifteenth Circuit — Palm Beach (Judges Directory)
- Sixteenth Circuit — Monroe
- Seventeenth Circuit — Broward (Judges Directory)
- Eighteenth Circuit — Brevard and Seminole
- Nineteenth Circuit — Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie
- Twentieth Circuit — Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee
District Courts of Appeal
First District Court of Appeal
301 S. Martin Luther King Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Circuits: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th and 14th Circuits
Counties: Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Calhoun, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Escambia,Franklin, Gadsden,
Gilchrist, Gulf, Hamilton, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Nassau, Okaloosa,
Santa Rosa, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Wakulla, Walton, Washington
Second District Court of Appeal
1005 E. Memorial Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801
Circuits: 6th, 10th, 12th, 13th and 20th Circuits
Counties: Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota
Third District Court of Appeal
2001 S.W. 117 Ave
Miami, FL 33175-1716
Circuits: 11th and 16th Circuits
Counties: Dade, Monroe
Fourth District Court of Appeal
1525 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33402
Circuits: 15th, 17th and 19th Circuits
Counties: Broward, Indian River, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Martin
Fifth District Court of Appeal
300 S. Beach St.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386) 255-8600 (Clerk’s Office)
(386) 947-1500 (Marshal’s Office)
Circuits: 5th, 7th, 9th and 18th
Counties: Brevard, Citrus, Flagler, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns, Sumter, Volusia
Florida County Clerk Offices
- Miami-Dade Clerk Case Search
- Broward Clerk Case Search
- County Clerk Directory for All Florida Counties
United States Federal Courts in Florida
The Southern District comprises the counties of Broward, Dade, Highlands, Indian River, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie.
Court for the Southern District is held in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Pierce, Key West, and West Palm Beach.
The Northern District comprises the counties of Alachua, Bay, Calhoun, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin,
Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Okaloosa,
Santa Rosa, Taylor, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington.Court for the Northern District is held in Tallahassee,
Gainesville, Marianna, Panama City and Pensacola.
The Middle District comprises the counties of Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia,
De Soto, Duval, Flagler, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Lee, Manatee,
Marion, Nassau, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, St. Johns, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter,
Suwannee, Union, and Volusia.Court for the Middle District is held in Tampa, Fernandina, Fort Myers
, Jacksonville, Live Oak, Ocala, Orlando and St. Petersburg.
Additional Resources & Articles
- Business Litigation in Florida? There’s a Jury Instruction for That.
- Top 5 Defenses to Florida Breach of Contract Lawsuits
- Your Client Has Been Sued in Miami– Now What?
- The 5 Key Ways Your Business Can Avoid Lawsuits